If You Missed Registration
Although vacancies are limited, we currently have vacancies at all levels. All vacancies will be filled on a first-come-first-served basis, regardless of age, ability, talent, or tenure.
To be considered for Majors (e.g., Tryout)*--
email Todd Nethery by February 9th and provide the following information.
- your child’s name
- age as of October 1
- level of play last year
- requested level of play this year
- your name and phone number.
- you must also attend late registration on February 14th at Wahington Irving from 12pm to 4pm.
* If you played in WSLL at the Majors level during the Spring 2015 season, you do not need to tryout. You will be placed on the team you played for in 2015.
To register for AAA, AA, A, TBall, 5T:
Attend late registration on February 14th, at Washington Irving from 12pm to 4pm.
Thank you, WSLL
See late registration details below.
- Sunday 2/14 12:00 – 6:00 (Majors 12:00 – 4:30, AA new and AA and A waiver players 4:30 – 6:00)
- Sunday 2/21 12:00 – 6:00 (AAA)
Washington Irving Middle School (report through the side door on the left side of the building)
Who Tries Out?
- For Majors, any player who has not played at the Majors level in West Springfield Little League MUST try out. This includes players who played AAA last spring and players who are new to the league. NOTE: Players who played on a Majors team in WSLL in the spring of 2015 DO NOT need to try out.
- For AAA, ALL players must try out.
- For AA, ONLY players new to WSLL, managers’ children and players who have applied for an age waiver need to try out
- For A, ONLY players who have applied for an age waiver need to try out
- T-Ball and 5T players DO NOT need to try out
When do I show up?
For general planning purposes, the approximate report times are:
- 12 year old Majors – between 12:00 and 1:00 on 2/14
- 11 year old Majors – between 1:00 and 3:00 on 2/14
- 9/10 year old Majors – between 3:00 and 4:30 on 2/14
- AA and A players – between 4:30 and 6:00 on 2/14
- 11 and 12 AAA – between 12:00 and 1:00 on 2/21
- 10 year old AAA – between 1:00 and 3:30 on 2/21
- 9 year old AAA – between 3:30 and 5:30 on 2/21
You will receive an email the week of 2/8-2/12 with a specific report time. If you cannot make it at the assigned time, please respond to the email to arrange an alternate time.
Annual Meeting and Parent Orientation
WHEN: Tuesday, February 22, 2016
WHERE: Washington Irving Middle School - Barker Hall; 8100 Old Keene Mill Road
On Tuesday February 22 WSLL will hold its Annual Meeting & Parent Orientation at Washington Irving - Barker Hall. New families should make every effort to attend, however, all parents, and other interested persons are invited to attend. If you can not attend information from the presentation will be posted shortly after the meeting.
Sign Up for Concession Stand Duty -- Get Your Volunteer Fee Back
There are still many vacancies to work at the concession stand. We need volunteers in order to keep it open.
We Need Volunteers for Tryouts
We will be holding tryouts on February 14 and 21. We need volunteers to help with various activities. Working 2 shifts (either a full day or two 1/2 days) or a combination of 1 shift at tryouts along with 1 shift at the concession stand or 1/2 day of field work will earn your volunteer fee back.
To sign-up go to the link below. Click on "available" on the slot you want and complete the info.
Manager & Coaches Applications Being Accepted for 2016 Spring Season
For the Spring 2016 season WSLL will need approximately 60 managers and more than 200 volunteers to be assistant coaches.
Little League Changing Age Determination Date - Update
Little League ages are changing again. For the 2018 season, players born on or after September 1, 2005 will use August 31st as their league-age determination date. This means that certain players will be the same league-age in 2016 as they were in 2015. Update: Players born between May 1, 2005 and August 31, 2005 will be grandfathered as 12 year olds for the 2018 season. For more information, please see the following release from Little League International.
Read Article and how it will affect you.
Team Sponsorship Opportunities Now Available
WSLL is currently organizing for the upcoming season and is soliciting the business community for sponsors. Sponsor financial support is a necessary and critical element to the successful operation of our league. Click here for information on sponsoring a team or email Greg Adams or email Rob Harris.
Little League University - The New Little League Training Resource Designed Just For You
Little League® Baseball and Softball has launched the online destination of its new training and education platform, Little League University. LittleLeagueU.org is designed to transform the way volunteers, league and district administrators, coaches, and parents experience learning about the Little League program.
WSLL Board of Directors Needs NEW Members!!
The West Springfield Little League is always in need of new members.
>>>See all headlines<<<
Evening: Partly cloudy skies. Low near 20F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph. 37
Evening: A mostly clear sky. Low 16F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph. 28
Evening: Cloudy. Low 21F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. 34
Virginia State Champions
10/11: 2004, 2007, 2012
11/12: 1984, 1986, 2003, 2005
no games today
Our Featured Sponsor:
Quality Support, Inc.